- The iPad won’t be on sale in New Zealand for weeks.
- Importing hardware can be expensive and risky. I’d prefer to buy an iPad with official Apple support.
- Buying version 1 of anything new is rarely wise. Let others be guinea pigs. The only time it is worth taking a risk with new kit is if you can get a strategic advantage from it. That’s not the case with the iPad.
- I don’t need an iPad at the moment. This may change as my Paperless Journalist project develops.
- I’m secure enough to not worry about owning a status symbol.
Eventually I probably will buy an iPad or similar – but it is not in my current technology plan. Don’t let me stop you.